Stanford, CA 94305
We are looking for a temporary General Manager for an on-campus Market.
- Assign duties to staff based on their areas of expertise, to ensure that they make use of their knowledge to render best services in the store
- Create a work schedule for staff
- Increase sales by carrying out market survey
- Observe market prices of goods to ensure that prices of goods sold at the store are not higher compared to what is obtainable outside. The manager must look for ways to reduce prices of goods, making them lower than those of competitors so as to attract more customers and be ahead of other stores in sales
- Increase sales by embarking on sales promotions, showcasing products to customers
- Handle customer complaints and returns in a cordial manner
- Answer customers’ questions about products and supervise the loading of products bought
- Create a safe atmosphere by implementing safety measures for the protection of workers and customers, and handle emergencies promptly to prevent loss of lives and properties.
- Uphold customer service standards
- Contribute to business optimization
- Participate in menu and marketing development by contributing suggestions for concept development, special event planning, and seasonal and custom menus.
- Ensure health and safety standards code compliance and organizational sanitation standards are met in assigned location.
* - Other duties may also be assigned
We anticipate the length of this temporary assignment to be 3-4 months or longer while we recruit for the full time vacancy. There is a possibility for a full-time conversion.