FINANCIAL REPORTING MANAGER
San Francisco, CA
Our client, a leading software company, is seeking a new Financial Reporting Manager. A full time, direct-hire opportunity, this position will report to the Senior Director, Finance, manage one direct report and will be responsible for leading the 10-Q/10-K efforts.
- Lead the coordination and preparation of quarterly and year-end SEC filings (10-Q and 10-K), including business section, risk factors, footnotes, MD&A, XBRL tagging and review
- Contribute to the closing of the consolidated financial statements in a timely and accurate manner per US GAAP.
- Prepare and file, press release and supplemental slides and scripts for the quarterly earnings call
- Oversee the preparation and completion of the Statement of Cash Flows
- Responsible for calculations of stock-based compensation and earnings per share, including preparation of forecasts
- Participate in SOX 404 efforts, including documentation of processes and facilitating testing of controls, as necessary
- Special projects as needed to ensure that accounting and reporting issues are properly addressed
- Collaborate with Investor Relations to ensure consistent messaging across investor presentations and SEC filings.
- Coordinate the earnings release process with stakeholders such as senior management, finance, tax and treasury, external auditors, legal counsel, public relations, etc.
- Provide technical accounting support across the organization. Research and document accounting issues, relevant accounting guidance, and company’ s conclusions.
- Perform monthly equity accounting and development of assumptions for stock-based compensation.
- Contribute to the Company’ s finance related research projects.
- Workiva experience
- Highly desirable or past experience with technical accounting and SEC reporting knowledge, as well as research experience in a wide range of areas.
- CPA preferred.
- Proven ability to prioritize activities and manage workload in a complex fast-paced environment with strict deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal). Ability to explain complex issues to non-subject-matter experts.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office applications, especially, Excel.
- Advanced Excel skills
- Strong time management and project management skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving skills and collaborative skills
- Ability to lead and mentor staff
- Attention to detail
- Process oriented
- Excellent writing skills; proficient in technical accounting writing ability
- Ability to multi-task on competing and deadline sensitive priorities