Director of Multi-Family Construction
San Francisco, CA
A reputable private equity multi-family real estate firm is currently seeking a new Director of Multi-Family Construction for a full time, direct hire position based in downtown San Francisco. The ideal candidate will possess 5 years of relevant multi-family construction and renovation experience with experience with capital investments in multifamily assets.
Responsibilities of the Multi-Family Construction Director
· Direct responsibility for company-wide construction and rehabilitation projects within the Western United States.
· Establish scope of construction and budgets for major renovation projects.
· Facilitate all aspects of new construction.
· Evaluate and select contractors through a competitive bidding process.
· Negotiation of construction contracts.
· Perform regular site visits to monitor construction progress.
· Review and approval of draw requests.
· Ensure quality construction standards and the use of proper construction techniques
Requirement of the Multi-Family Construction Director
· Minimum 5 years of relevant multi-family construction and renovation experience
· Experience with capital investments in multifamily assets
· Experience with green initiatives, a plus
· Familiarity with the permitting and planning process for new construction and major renovation projects
· Intermediate to advanced user of Excel
· Strong communication and negotiating skills
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills
· Fast-paced and able to manage multiple projects at once
· Ability to travel, as needed