The Senior Accountant must have both technical and operational accounting with a proven track record for delivering superior level of excellence in servicing external and internal customers through high integrity and ethical standards, strong financial competencies, solid business knowledge, reliable and timely completion of key tasks and deadlines. This is a “ hands on” position that serves to be the right hand to the current Controller.
· Responsible for month-end general ledger close in accordance with US GAAP, including posting journal entries, analyzing financial results, reconciling general ledger accounts and preparing reports for management.
· Coordinate with key employees to review monthly reports and ensure accurate accounting and accruals are posted at period-end.
· Document understanding of internal controls over key business processes. Update control documentation for key controls and perform detail control testing.
· Responsible for treasury functions, including forecasting and reporting.
· Provide management with recommendation for continuous improvement in business processes, internal controls deficiencies and accounting procedures.
· Serve as audit liaison to external auditors. Prepare audit schedules as necessary.
· Perform accounting research as needed.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Strong knowledge of GAAP, with ability to distinguish between theory vs practical application.
· Innovative team player who leads and challenges the department.
· Ability to pick up responsibilities quickly and work with limited direction.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and good business and financial acumen.
· Strong organizational skills, attentive to detail, ability to multitask and solve problems.
· Ability to work under tight deadlines.
· Superior Excel skills and proficient in other MS Office applications.
· Experience working with ERP systems and QuickBooks.
Experience Preffered: Working knowledge of Macola ERP system.