Production Technician Lead
The Production Technician Lead is recognized as a great collaborator and takes pride in his/her hands-on work, craftsmanship, organizational skills and attention to detail. He/She appreciates an environment where superior work is encouraged, noticed and rewarded and where individuals carry tremendous responsibility. He/She looks forward to learning an incredible amount on the job while maintaining flexibility to adopt to new challenges.
Roles and Responsibilities
· Build complex products such as transmissions, electric power motors, battery modules and auxiliary skids based on manufacturing processes with at most attention to safety.
· Support development of standard manufacturing processes and practices.
· Build, construct, troubleshoot, repair and document mechanical fixtures and electrical harnesses.
· Identify production issues and address them with engineering teams for quick resolutions.
· Troubleshoot and maintain existing electrical, thermal and mechanical test equipment.
· Maintain cleanliness and safety (May include mopping, vacuuming, putting away tools)
· Support implementation of 5S practices and standardization of work.
· Perform setup of powertrain engineering tests with focus on efficiency and safety.
· Provide intelligent feedback regarding existing processes with the focus of improving efficiency, throughput and safety.
· Tear down the units, troubleshoot and rework into usable products that meet stringent quality standards
· Document the rework procedures and contribute to the team’ s knowledge base
· Operate hand tools (DC nut-runners, torque wrenches, etc.) and diagnostic tools (multi-meters, impedance testers, end-of-line testers, etc.)
· Record and analyze process cycle times
· Detect process deviations and propose corrective actions
· Lead improvement initiatives that enhance safety, quality and cycle time
· Perform light maintenance on the equipment
· Contribute to production associate’ s training and certification
· Support other technical projects as needed
Skills and Experience Required
· Technical Diploma or equivalent evidence of experience and exceptional ability; B.S. Engineering degree a plus
· 5+ years of relevant experience in a Manufacturing/Re-manufacturing of complex systems such as transmissions, engines, electronics, etc.
· Capable of reading, following and developing standard work instructions.
· Capable of lifting up to 35 pounds.
· Capability of working on your feet the entire work day when necessary.
· Excellent written and spoken English.
· Comfortable to promptly and clearly raise questions and identify problems verbally and via email to engineers during the assembly process.
Skills and Experience Preferred
· Experienced in QS-9000, ISO/TS 16949, FMEA, PFMEA.
· Proficiency at reading and interpreting mechanical drawings and wiring diagrams.
· Hands-on skills with diagnostics software, hardware, tools, instruments, general electromechanical systems and measurement techniques
· Competence of complex mechanical systems.
· Basic machining and fabrication skills (mill, drill, saw, tap, etc.);
· Strong problem solving skills and an aptitude for learning systems quickly
· Data collection and analysis experience; Test data, Field data and Quality data
· Ability to troubleshoot electrical and mechanical system problems; High Voltage and Low Voltage Circuit troubleshooting experience a plus
· Communicate effectively with direct team and peers within a manufacturing and engineering organization. This includes excellent communication skills: written, verbal, presentation and email.
· Experience driving forklift and rigging heavy equipment.
· Creative capacity for developing new ways to do things better, cheaper, faster.
· Passion for making fantastic new products and using testing as a means to enable an engineering organization to achieve outstanding quality, reliability and excellence.
· Familiarity with SPC and development of equipment-related OCAPs
· Experience with torque control of bolted joints as it applies to manufacturing lines.
· Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
· Able to work well under pressure while managing competing demands and tight deadlines.
· Effectively communicate to all levels in the organization and translate complex ideas into a simple easy to understand format.
· Detail oriented with strong record-keeping and organizational skills.
· Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing practices, 5S, TPS, TQM, etc a plus.