Material Planner and Buyer
The Material Planner will work with Sales on demand planning, to fully understand MRP demand and supply needs and balance those against operational goals including LEAN manufacturing principles. This position will require a person that is capable of understanding the details of manufacturing processes, translating those into appropriate supply plans, and executing successfully against those plans.
· Understand lead times for the parts and the effects to Material Planning, including the variation of the logistics lead time to ensure on time supply.
· Understand in depth the technical functionality of MRP (Materials Requirement Planning) process, to help implement increased use of MRP.
· Plan, schedule, and manage the materials for delivering time-critical components to support production.
· Plan material requirements from multiple demand sources: production, service, engineering, re-manufacturing, other OEMs.
· Work with suppliers to establish the appropriate delivery quantity and frequency; coordinate with Procurement Specialist, ultimately ensuring the right quantity at the right time to achieve production goals.
· Maintain accurate open Purchase Order lines to define the inbound quantities and due dates from vendors.
· Identify system demand and/or BOM issues, and resolve inventory discrepancies.
· Generate and provide vendor forecasts on a regular basis to support production build plan, minimize freight costs, and optimize inventory levels.
· Monitor the supplier shipments status and define appropriate actions if shipment is out of standard
· Calculate Safety Stock Levels
· Ensure accurate signals for quantity and dates generated by MRP (i.E. Lead times, MOQ’ s, lot sizing, and safety stock) to minimize excess.
· Assist in implementing systematic solutions to control inventory flow, minimize shortages, and maintain accuracy in ERP system.
· Provide ongoing transparency of inventory levels and ensure continuous inventory accuracy
· Ensure target inventory levels are achieved, avoiding inventory shortages and overages.
· Change Control
· Understand supplier readiness including technical challenges.
· Understand how the Manufacturing BOM (MBOM) is created from the Engineering BOM (EBOM) and have the ability to analyze, audit and propose the appropriate MBOM structure.
· Collaborate with Purchasing, Engineering, Change Control, and Document Control to coordinate Engineering Change Order timing, targeting minimal obsolescence.
· Coordinate supplier ramp up and ramp down for new product launches. Responsible for ramping suppliers to achieve build plan targets.
· Identify potential supply risks and inventory exposures by aligning supply chain processes with product development project plan milestones.
· Work fluidly in a highly cross-functional team environment involving manufacturing and product development teams, as well as procurement specialists, manufacturing engineers, materials and logistics personnel.
· Bachelors degree in Industrial Engineering or Supply Chain degree or the equivalent in experience and evidence of exceptional ability.
· 3+ years related experience in supply chain, production control, materials management, production planning, material scheduling, or purchasing in a manufacturing company.
· Analytical capabilities including data analysis to optimize delivery costs and inventory levels.
· Proficiency in MS Excel required.
· Knowledge of various ERP/MRP systems required.
· Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize tasks based on demand.
· Problem solving ability in cross-functional and multi-cultural environment.
· Open-minded, collaborative and team-oriented attitude.